Whitney, Oregon Historic Cabin Recreation Property
Deeded Land: .80+/- acres
Location: Whitney, OR on Hwy 7, approximately 12 miles SW of Sumpter, OR
- Historic Rustic Cabin built in 1910 in the Historic Mining and Sawmill Ghost Town of Whitney, OR
- Unique Recreational property located in a beautiful scenic mountain valley along Hwy 7, the main highway between Baker City and the Prairie City/John Day, OR area
- .80 acre total including 10 adjacent city lots
- Includes the original livery stable/barn and town jail
- Includes a second small cabin with propane heat that works well for guest lodging
- Main cabin is single level 1,180 SF with 2 bedrooms & 1 bathroom with septic holding tank
- Sturdy metal roofs on all buildings built to handle the heavy winter snow loads
- Solar power system and 2 generators for electricity
- Domestic well drilled 2002 with 220 electricity, 200 ft. deep with 10 ft. static level & 12 gpm production
- 2 Wood stoves and one propane stove for heating
- Great setup for horses with full perimeter fencing, corrals and livery barn
- Plenty of RV Parking area
- Excellent deer and elk hunting in 2 Oregon hunting units, both located a short distance from the property
- Excellent year around recreation opportunities!
- Historic town of Sumpter, Phillips Reservoir and Unity Reservoir located only a few miles away
- Outstanding winter snowmobiling country out the gate in several directions, yet close to Hwy 7 for easy access to the property
- Taxes for 2016 $149.60
Unique Recreation Property located in a beautiful mountain valley. One of the few remaining active cabins in the Historic Ghost Town of Whitney.
Get away from the crowds and own a piece of paradise where your can enjoy the beautiful mountains of eastern Oregon year around. Bring your friends and family!